The aim of this kid’s science fair project is to create a small mist.
Materials Required for the project:
- Two straws (A smaller one and a regular one)
- A small jar of water.
- With one hand hold the smaller straw vertically in the water.
- Take the other straw and hold it in 90 degree to the tip of the first straw.
- Now blow through the second straw.
- The water will rise through the vertical straw and spews out like a mist.
When you blow, the air at the top of the vertical straw moves fast. This fast moving of air creates a low pressure area and the water in the jar will rise to the top of the vertical straw. This water is then carried away by the fast moving air creating a fine mist.
Note: The smaller the vertical straw the easier will be the experiment.