In physics we learn that natural light is a combination of seven colours. This science fair project is to prove that theory by separating colors from light.
Demonstrate that light consists of seven colours.
- A triangular glass prism.
- A source of light (a candle or a bulb)
- A cardboard box with one side open
- A piece of white paper
- Make a hole of 1″ at the center of any side adjacent to the open side of the cardboard box.
- Paste the white paper to the inside of the cardboard box opposite to the hole
- Place the triangular prism inside the box so that it comes between the hole and the white paper. Make sure the prism is lying on one of its lateral faces.
- Place the source of light adjacent to the hole.
- Adjust the prism and the light source so that the light falls on one side of the prism
- You will now observe rainbow colors on the white paper.